Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fresh Air

Today I got up early enough to beat the heat and go for a walk in a local park.

This summer’s weather had been quite oppressive between the extreme heat and humidity, so for the past few days I’ve had to walk around a mall to get some adequate exercise. Not quite the same as taking a walk in fresh air!

Last night the young ladies in the downstairs apartment didn’t have the air conditioning on as high, so I was able to open my windows. I’m not much of a fan of air conditioning. I appreciate the change of seasons, and the various temperatures that go along with these changes. (However, I’ll admit that this summer has been quite hot, and have required AC at times.)

I love sleeping with the windows open! I usually sleep so well when I have fresh air to breathe! Last night I probably wasn’t asleep for the full 8 hours, but I think the quality of sleep was excellent because I woke up so much more awake than I have been in quite a while!

So I got up a tad earlier than I had been and decided to finally go on a decent walk.

I got to the park just a bit after it opened. Everything feels so fresh and new when I get out into the world before everyone else! There was still morning dew on the grass. Everything smelled wonderful and looked so green! The chorus of birds and locusts was so loud that I couldn’t even hear the traffic from the turnpike! I saw numerous bunnies (my favorite animal) with their white cottonball tails.

There were a few others there by the time I was finishing up my walk. I saw an older man with what was probably a young Labrador retriever. The man was trying to get the dog back to the car, but he was not having any part of that! His dog was enjoying his day out in the park too much! He rolled over onto his back in the grass, so the man had to literally pick him up and carry him back to the car! The whole time the puppy was wriggling around like a little child! It was so cute!

After my walk I came home, and was so happy, refreshed and energized, that I finally did some organizing and cleaning that my apartment desperately needed.

And still, hours later, I am still extremely happy and content after my walk! I hope I can be disciplined enough to get out early most mornings so I can take a walk in the fresh air!

1 comment: