Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Oops!

Well OK. I have not kept up with the blog as much as I had hoped. But I am trying not to be as hard on myself as I was a few days ago.

I am not "working” four weeks now, and I haven’t been as faithful to my plan as I expected. However, I have had two lovely vacations in the meantime, with some of my most favorite people in the world.

I now have a solid 2 weeks to work on myself. Someone suggested I make lists, which I am doing. I just made a list of daily chores I need to do, plus the extras, which include:

I am going to get in touch with 2 individuals, one of which is a newish acquaintance, who has been going through the similar things as I have. I was told by a friend that she would like to connect with me. The other is an old friend who I haven’t made enough time for, but we keep saying we need to get together, or at least talk at length. There are so many others I need to get in touch with, but there 2 individuals are a start.

I will start to seriously look into volunteer opportunities: Americorp, places around that have opportunities, and friends who need help. I need to get more serious about this.

Look into different career paths. I spoke to some people on Saturday that work at a biofuel company in the area. They go around collecting old oil from various purposes and try to figure out how to reuse it. That sounds like a lot of fun. It got me very excited to listen and think about it.

I am going back to eating healthier… more raw fruits and vegetables. About 3-4 weeks ago I was making green smoothies. Not quite the same as when I made them last fall for some reason.


: (


And yesterday I made fresh hummus… using real lemon juice.





They say having a lot of fresh lemon in your diet is one of the healthiest things you can do. It keeps your body pH alkaline.

Today I am going to make fresh Peach Strawberry Sorbet : ) Just look at these pretty peaches and beautiful strawberries I found!



Yum! I will let you know how it goes!

But for now I am going to go for a walk before it gets too hot....

No comments:

Post a Comment